Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Tiger Foundation - The Start

Christmas 2007 was alot different for me than I could have ever possibly imagined. The story goes something like this....

The Tiger Foundation is a dream come true, my dream. From its conception which was during my motorcycle adventure from Singapore to Vietnam during the Christmas Holidays in 2007, the Tiger Foundation has now become a reality.

With the help and support of my family and my amazing global network of friends also business partners as well as many caring donors from around the planet, the Tiger Foundation is making a difference.

The Tiger Foundation is a Singapore based and registered non profit organization to support projects around the world.

The name of Tiger Foundation is significant to me. During my motorcycle ride on my new Triumph Tiger motorcycle I instantly recognized that the motorcycle I was riding was a star. Whether I was in Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia it did not matter, children, adults, young and old all were fascinated by my motorcycle.

It was when I was resting during my ride at the Ak Nuk Wat Primary School in Cambodia that I decided that I wanted to help the poor children, the struggling community by unleashing the awesome energy of my global network.

It was without hesitation that I launched the idea of the Tiger Foundation. The foundation will help schools across the undeveloped world to prosper and to make a difference in the world of these local communities where often vital aid and support is yet to reach. The Tiger Foundation is a new ‘Living Philanthropic” organization whose supporters actively participate in its projects.

The Tiger Foundations first project is to help re build the Ak Nuk Wat Primary School in the small town of Kampong Thom which lays half way between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap in Cambodia. This is the first school I visited. Having fallen in love with the childrens brilliant happy smiling faces as well as the teacher’s passion to support me I couldn’t help but do something to make a difference.

The Tiger Foundations goal is not be a donor based philanthropy organization. Its mission is to create sustainable projects where Foundation members and supporters can get actively involved in doing the activities required to make “that” difference.

Painting buildings, reconstructing gardens, re designing classrooms, installing power, computers, sanitary blocks, irrigation and drainage systems – the list goes on. Teachers who can give up some of there own time to visit our projects to support teachers, give lessons to children.

The Tiger Foundation is a hand’s on organization which encourages its members to get both physically and emotionally involved.

That’s why when you become a supporter of the Tiger Foundation you will instantly become associated personally with what ever project you choose to support. It doesn’t matter where you live, how much you earn or how much spare time you have, the Tiger Foundation will make it easy for you to participate.

So welcome, read on and see what we have started to do today. See who is involved see how you can get started as well as how you can get others involved.

As an ever evolving organism we welcome your ideas and suggestions on how we can be more effective as a Non Profit organization. Don’t hesitate to write to me personally with your suggestions.

Finally thank you for visiting us, we hope you stick around, so do all of the children who you can help.

Mark Philpott: Founder The Tiger Foundation

No comments: